We hear about too many people thinking they can just jump into a campaign whenever they like. They’ve seen someone else do it, they’ve just remembered we’re coming up to Christmas or they just get the sudden urge to promote their latest product. We especially this happening with small businesses, and we get it — when you’re small, you’re able to be a little more reactive, a little more nimble. Unfortunately, small businesses also lack the resources that the big brands have, which can get them into a pickle when it comes to campaigns.
When it comes to campaigns, we’re big fans of having a plan. After all, as the old saying goes: failing to plan is planning to fail.
There are plenty of questions you can ask yourself before you set off on creating a campaign but we could talk your ear off with them all, so we’re including just a few below to help you get started.
- How big do you want this campaign to be?
- What do you want to achieve at the end?
- Which platforms will your campaign span? (Think socials, email, print, TV, radio — which works best for your business?)
- Will there be follow up emails?
- Will you need to have assets created by external or internal designers?
- Should you engage an agency or do you have an internal marketing manager?
- How will you make sure you are staying across the campaign?
- Do you have the right CRM or administration role to ensure your leads are being correctly followed-up?
- How long will your campaign run for?
- Do you (or your team) have time to make it all happen?
- Have you given the campaign the time it deserves in planning or are you rushing it?
- What would you need in your budget to create the campaign?
- How much can you realistically afford to spend?
- What are the non-negotiables in the campaign that you must find space in the budget for?
- What can you do with the money you have available?
Remember, as you consider all your resources and capabilities, many of them depend on each other — it’s not enough just to consider one component of your campaign, you need to think holistically.
Not sure where to start or want to know how you can maximise your campaign with the resources available to you? Incredible Communications can help. Email us at http://www.incrediblecommunications.com.au/#contact or call 0414 711 107.